[mythtv-users] MythTV + GoogleTV

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 15:40:38 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Scott Stancil <hoverduck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone recently used a GoogleTV box in combination with MythTV?  I've
> searched the archives, but everything I found was at least a year old, so I
> was curious if the newer versions of GTV have made it at all useful.  Is it
> worth it for anything other than access to Netflix and the like?  I see at
> least the LG TVs with Google built in come with an IR blaster, so I assume
> it could be set up for at least some functionality with Myth, but I don't
> know what assumptions it makes about how standard cable boxes work (i.e.
> always playing LiveTV by default).
>
> The bottom line for me is I'm really tempted by it because it seems like
> there could be a huge potential with Android apps...but from what little I
> know it seems like having a functional PC as my cable box is already
> satisfying almost everything.

This is available in the GoogleTV Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tikinou.googletvmyth&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50aWtpbm91Lmdvb2dsZXR2bXl0aCJd

It uses our Myth Services API.

It is currently closed because Google has not opened their API for GoogleTV
as of yet, but it is coming.  Once the API is opened up, the code will be
available.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>