[mythtv-users] Storage group question

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jan 14 15:29:41 UTC 2013

> OK, that's what I thought would happen. A related question: Can the same
> directory be mapped into multiple Storage groups? For example, if I have 3
> directories for recordings like this:
>
> /srv/mythtv/a/recordings
> /srv/mythtv/b/recordings
> /srv/mythtv/c/recordings
>
> Mapped to the following Storage Groups like this:
>
> Default: /srv/mythtv/a/recordings, /srv/mythtv/b/recordings
> Sports: /srv/mythtv/c/recordings, /srv/mythtv/a/recordings
>
> Will that be ok? I'm trying to come up with a scheme such that the small
> space I have on /srv/mythtv/c/recordings that I want to use when I record
> sports will be safe if I accidentally fill that drive up and some other
> sports show is going to record.

Yes, the same path can be entered in multiple storage group definitions,
though I see little reason to assign the same paths to two storage groups,
at that point you could get away with just one.  If  your goal is a bit
more complex, you will want to keep in mind that mythtv has multiple
methods for balancing the load/storage of recordings within the storage
groups, you will want to select the one that makes the most sense to your
goals.