[mythtv-users] mythlink User Job Help

Mark Gardner Mark at thegardners.me.uk
Mon Jan 14 18:27:05 UTC 2013

________________________________

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org on behalf of Andre Ross
Sent: Mon 14/01/2013 17:02
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythlink User Job Help

Don't use the escaping try using double quotes around each part of the command
This also helps if you have spaces

try:

 /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl
 --link
 "/home/mark/MythRecs"
 --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
 --format "%T/%T-%Y%m%d-%H%i-%S-%cN"

 I like to use the file name from program if possible
 you can try:

 /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl
 --link
 "/home/mark/MythRecs"
 --filename "%FILE%"
 --format "%T/%T-%Y%m%d-%H%i-%S-%cN"
 --separator "#"

The --separator seems to help with if you find extra spaces created in the link names.

also search on this form for mythlink.pl for season and episode number

if you need to add season and episode to your output links.

 let me know if that helps

Andre