[mythtv-users] Group TV Shows in (Myth)Video

Harald Nehring harald.nehring at arcor.de
Tue Jan 15 08:52:47 UTC 2013

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/519758#519758
> +
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/519996#519996
>
> then use file system directory structure to organize the videos as you
> like.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike. I fear I'm not getting this right - in the linked posts you
recommend to _not_ use the directory structure, which makes sense as we
want to make use of the video metadata. Then you mention "use file system
directory structure" in the above reply - how's that going to affect the
views when _not_ browsing physical folders?

My point is that I'd like to find a way to lay out both movies and TV
shows in a meaningful way based on the available metadata. I'm sure the
video library can do it, as the "browse by tv/movies" mode is able to
nicely structure TV shows and the "browse by genre" mode is able to nicely
structure movies. I just need a combination of both.

Isn't that possible today without switching "browse by" modes?