[mythtv-users] Wrong audio stream selected by default

Michael Stucky mike at stucky.us
Wed Jan 16 00:13:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>wrote:

> On 15.01.2013 23:43, Michael Stucky wrote:
>
>> So, my question, is there a reason why mythtranscode removes the the
>> Language parameter from the audio streams and randomly switches the
>> order the audio streams?
>>

> I have noticed the same. From my understanding the lossless transcode
> will convert from TS to PS by default, the latter does not allow
> specifying the audio track language IIRC.
>
> There are a bunch of transcode/conversion/export scripts on the wiki,
> maybe one does fit your needs.
>
> Regards,
> Karl

 Thanks Karl, at least I now understand why there is no language parameter
in the transcoded files. Part of the trial and error that I went through
was to try some of the scripts on the wiki (very few of which seemed usable
as written on Myth 0.26). Lossless_cut.py was the most promising but the
audio streams are out of sync on almost all recordings (a know issue with
the HDHR3-US tuners). The same problem seems to exist with any script that
does not use projectx or mythtranscode and the scripts that use projectx to
demux and mplex to remux fail on HD content (at least for me they failed
:-( ).

Since Projectx can keep the audio in sync with the video, is there some
combination of parameters to use with "projectx -tots ..." that will result
in a file that my FE can play?

Mike