[mythtv-users] Attempt to record program on the wrong input?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Wed Jan 16 08:07:15 UTC 2013

Raymond Wagner wrote:

> On 1/16/2013 02:40, Per Jessen wrote:
>> only one video source (EIT data).
>
> It doesn't matter what input you're using, as all inputs are supposed
> to be able to access all channels defined for their mapped video
> source. If you have two cards with access to different channels, you
> must use two video sources.

Oh.  I thought I read somewhere that the slave backend should use the
same video source as the master:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html

"... with the exception that you skip over the "Video Sources" step. All
possible video sources need to be defined on the master backend system;
only the master backend will query a listings provider to obtain guide
data for all the non-master backends."

I have a total of four cards (later to be six):

Backend#1, card #0, tuner 1&2 = Astra2
Backend#1, card #1, tuner 3&4 = Astra2
Backend#2, card #0, tuner 5&6 = Astra1
Backend#2, card #1, tuner 7&8 = Hotbird  (not yet configured).

> Either you screwed up your configuration by only having one video
> source and trying to use two cards that can each access a subset of
> it, or maybe your cards got reversed when you rebooted and are now
> sitting on the wrong device nodes.

I've taken care of the latter by using the module option "adapter_nr".
Besides, the "cross-wiring" is happening across the two backends, not
within one.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-2.5°C)