[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase returns incomplete schedule data

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 08:19:47 UTC 2013

I've had some issues in 0.26 where a certain block of guide data is completely missing.  Usually the afternoon block til around 6pm.  However, I didn't have this problem in 0.23.1.  But it seems that the new mythfilldatabase is using an internal grabber instead of wget.  Wget usually tries 5 times I think it is to grab the needed guide data.  I assume the internal grabber only tries once.  It seems schedules direct gets a little on the busy side.

Blocks of data after the missing time seem to populate correctly.  So I think it just fails to download a specific block of guide data once in a while.  You would think mythfilldatabase would retry that block during the next scheduled run but never does.  I think it automatically flags that time range as already downloaded and fails to try again.

Is there a way to revert back to the wget method or tell the internal grabber to attempt the url more than once to ensure data grabs correctly?

Raymond Boettcher

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android