[mythtv-users] Several inputs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 16 16:25:44 UTC 2013

On 01/15/2013 03:16 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:

>>> Search the archives for "Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled
>>> shows"
>>>
>>> This is a setting that causes tuner selection for Live TV to start from
>>> the last tuner and work its way forward, whereas tuner selection for
>>> recordings always starts from the first available tuner.
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that setting was removed in 0.25,
>> so it won't work in 0.26.
>>
> Indeed... it was replaced with tuner priorities.  In mythtv setup you can
> set the priority for each tuner as it relates to live-tv and recordings.
>   If you set a tuner to 0, I believe that makes it so it cannot be used for
> that purpose.

No, not priorities.  Live TV and Schedule *Order*.  Priority implies
higher is chosen first.  Order specifies the, er, order in which they're
used (so that lower is actually used first).

Input Priorities (what most people call tuner priorities) are evil.
Don't use them unless you really know what you're doing (and, if you do,
you'll probably know you don't want to use them).

I'm only correcting this because it's important that we use the proper
terminology--especially in cases like this where the term "tuner
priority" is likely to be confused with a different thing that the user
does not want to know.  So, just correcting the terminology for the
archives.

Mike