[mythtv-users] Transcoding of imported files?

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Wed Jan 16 19:05:50 UTC 2013

We want to transcode all of our TCM movies to h.264 using Handbrake. I
found a script for doing that which I will alter for our needs (I'm not
afraid of scripts, but I'm no Perl expert).

All of the documentation that I have found so far talk about transcoding
recorded files. But I have a bunch of .ts files (with mpeg-2 1080i
content) that I want to run through Handbrake. Is there a way to tell
MTV to do this for me, or do I need to use handbrake externally before I
import the movies into MythTV?

Thanks

Frank