[mythtv-users] Live TV with the myth:// URI scheme - feature request sanity check

Patrick Archibald patrick.archibald at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:39:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Mario Limonciello
<mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to avoid the desktop file showing up though in
> Unity/XFCE/Gnome?  So it just provides the URI handler and nothing more.

Mario

The /usr/share/applications/mythhandler.desktop file is only created
so the update-desktop-database command associates mythavtest with
myth://.

I assume you could delete /usr/share/applications/mythhandler.desktop
after running update-desktop-database. I have not tried that. You
don't see mythhandler.desktop anywhere but in the directory listing
for /usr/share/applications.

Thanks, PLA