[mythtv-users] OT: HDHomeRun DLNA beta firmware is out

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Fri Jan 18 19:54:18 UTC 2013

On 01/18/2013 02:49 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Of course, using the DLNA support on the HDHR, you end up with live,
> unpausable, unrewindable,
> look-kids-this-is-how-we-watched-TV-in-the-1980s-before-DVRs TV (i.e.
> worse than Live TV with MythTV).

Yup, but for those of us whose only access to the cable TV we pay for is
through the HDHR Prime, it's nice to have some alternative way to view
it in case there's a problem with Myth during some critical sporting
event.  Now that many Bluray players support DLNA video, assuming they
work as advertised, we have that backup method of watching live TV.