[mythtv-users] happaugue broadway

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 18:33:43 UTC 2013

On 01/19/2013 04:09 AM, Ned Lieb wrote:
> This device works by taking a signal from any analog source (rca,
> svideo, component, or coax) and broadcasting it throughout whatever wifi
> network it is connected to. The signal is supposed to be picked up at
> the other end by typing in “distan.tv” into your browser. I assume this
> is associated with an ip address, but I don’t know for sure because I
> haven’t actually bought the thing yet. If it is associated with an ip
> address, would it be possible for mythtv to pick up the signal with the
> same procedure as is used with the silicondust hdhomerun prime?
>
> I’d appreciate the input of anyone who has worked with either of these
> devices.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ned

I own one (Broadway) and never could get it to work.. I bought it from
Newegg and had problems from the very start.. Huppauge had me return it
to them, and sent me a new one,but I couldn't get it to work either... I
couldn't send the replacement back to Newegg for a refund,so I am stuck
with something I couldn't ever get it to work... Maybe someday I'll dig
it out and try again,but the frustration factor is high for now...