[mythtv-users] mythtranscode Deadlock detected...

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Sun Jan 20 21:59:41 UTC 2013

My capture device is InfiniTV on a remote system. The video plays well
in mythTV and HandBrake and Avidemux like the 1080i AC-3 content just fine.

Alas, I get the "Deadlock detected.  One buffer is full when the other
is empty!  Aborting" message when I try to transcode to delete portions
of the video before running through HandBrake.  I tried fixing the .mpg
by running through avconv and ffmpeg as suggested by the wiki transcode
page. I still get the problem. (Another curious thing is that after I
run through aconv/ffmpeg Avidemux does not recognize the audio, although
MythTV & XBMC like it fine). I am about to try Project-X to see if it
helps.

When using NextPVR on Windows with the same card and channels I would
always have to run the captured video through ts4np and perhaps ProjectX
to clean it up.

I think I will also see if there is a way I can get the cut points out
of MythTV and cut without using transcode.

Thoughts?