[mythtv-users] 0.26 upgrade and "my-unique-identifier-goes-here"

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Jan 20 22:38:35 UTC 2013

On 1/20/2013 12:25, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> Is this the correct solution, or should I add to my scripts to ignore
> the value if it is set to  "my-unique-identifier-goes-here"? Will all of
> mythtv function correctly if that tag and value is not present in
> config.xml?

MythTV behaves the same way and picks up the local hostname for the
database profile if the value contains the default
"my-unique-identifier-goes-here", the value is blank, or the tag is
completely missing. However, if your scripts expect that value to be
blank, understand that MythTV may rewrite it with the default
placeholder if you change any settings stored there.