[mythtv-users] restricting mythpreviewgen?

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:53:31 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've setup a very cpu and memory constrained slave backend solely for
the purpose of connecting an hdpvr to the master backend.  I'm running
0.25+fixes and it appears to be working well so far, until I hit the
recorded programs page in mythweb.  At that point something decides
it's a good mythpreviewgen target and farms out a few jobs to it.  Not
only do these jobs take a long time to complete on this slow box, but
they risk interfering with the backend process and causing an oom on
the slave.  I've already configured the slave to not run any metadata,
commercial detection, transcode, or user jobs.  How can I also block
mythpreviewgen jobs?  Eventually I expect to setup a slave backend
virtual machine on my desktop who's only job is to run those compute
intensive tasks and would like to direct all jobs, including
mythpreviewgen to it.  Is this possible?  Thanks,

Alex