[mythtv-users] mythtv-users(SOLVED) Mythfilldatabase returns incomplete schedule data (Patched)

Wes Hardaker wjhns176 at hardakers.net
Tue Jan 22 17:17:56 UTC 2013

Raymond Boettcher <raymondboettcher at yahoo.com> writes:

>     I actually was running the grabber at the suggested time.  I
> figured out that it was erroring on occasion because of my ISP's
> rather slow and non-responsive DNS Server.  So I reset my DNS settings
> manually to google's 8.8.8.8 server.  This seems to have cleared a few
> things up.

I've never figured out why my mythfilldatabase hasn't work in the last X
months, where X is between 2 to 8.  I thought it was related to
switching from comcast to OTA, but I don't think it was.

I ended up giving up on mythfilldatabase the other day, after being
about ready to shoot the EIT data I'd been suffering through.  So I
thought, lets try that XML pull and see if it works, and then feed it to
mythfilldatabase and see if it works.  That'd let me at least figure out
where the problem lies.  Turns out, doing it this way, however always
works.  So now this is my wrapper:

#!/bin/bash
file="/tmp/schedules-direct.xml"
tv_grab_na_dd --days 14 > $file
perl -i -p -e 's/(channel|id)="I(\d+).labs.zap2it.com"/$1="$2"/g' $file
mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile $file

Note that I'm not sure the channel id mismatches actually matter that
the perl line is fixing.  You still get errors about unknown
channelIDs.  But then, it still works.
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/