[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode issues in 0.26.0+fixes

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 09:26:28 UTC 2013

It seems that I'm having failures with error 140 (maybe its 240) while the transcode process it trying to run.  In some instances it will stop at Looking up Metadata.  Why is it looking up any metadata?  Can I turn this off?  Is there debug options for mythtranscode that I can enable to get a better picture of what is going on?

Overall, until now, mythtranscode has been pretty reliable at transcoding videos until recently.  The one video it failed on was Flashpoint on Ion TV.  I watched the entire recording untranscoded and there is nothing wrong with it.  But the video does report a framerate of like 59.96 fps?  The older MythTV version didn't really go out of its way to give you specs about the video res and codecs so maybe Flashpoint has always recorded like this.  I must say, I like this feature ("Show Playback data" of course).

I also can't get the frontend to deinterlace on the fly during playback and it seems that mythtranscode doesn't support frame rate modification or deinterlace jobs.  So I was going to configure a User Job to transcode to XVid+AC3+deinterlace using mencoder but the resulting file would be an .avi file (same base name of course).  Do I need to write a program to update filenames and extensions back to the database or is there a call of some nature or auto scan that will look for the base name but modify the db if the extension changes?

My backend is plenty powerful to handle a mencoder routine and keep up with very good results.  But my frontends are a little more to be desired and one of them probably shouldn't even consider trying deinterlace on the fly.

Raymond Boettcher

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android