[mythtv-users] mythweb 'remote' control slow

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:04:06 UTC 2013

On 24 January 2013 08:49, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:

> more recently i've been trying to use the 'Remote' page on mythweb, but
> it's extremely slow - taking 15-20seconds from between pressing the virtual
> keys, to commands to hit the FE.
> I'm on the latest 0.26/fixes chain, with mythbuntu as the base, and both
> the BE and FE in question were updated on the 22nd (2 days ago).
>
> network config appears fine; gigabit connects to/from the BE and FE.
> the laptop I used to access mythweb was on wifi connecting to the same
> subnet. Using mythmote on my android phone is instant.
> local DNS appears to resolve fine from the BE, to the FE (using 'ping
> myth-fe3' as the test method) - i beleive i have my FE's details in the
> local host file on the BE.
>
> is there any tricks to getting this working properly? i've only found one
> similar problem from early 2012 sugesting it's DNS, but that doesn't appear
> to be the case for me...

Tim,

I have pretty much the same setup as you and this is working OK for me.

I'm at work, but just brought up Mythweb and VNC to my BE/FE and there is
only a second or so between clicks and action on the display, the visual in
mythweb updates straight after.

Can't offer any suggestions, but I am also on fixes from mythbuntu, but
Ubuntu as my base being the only difference, will have to try on my
Mythbuntu based frontend later

Martin