[mythtv-users] When scanning a DVB-S adapter for channels - which parameters do I tweak to get a complete scan?

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Fri Jan 25 10:22:48 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
On: 23. januar 2013 4:45 Per Jessen wrote:

When scanning for channels, so far I've entered a known frequency, picked orientation=horizontal and bitrate=27500, DVBs or DVB-S2 depending on the card, and left the rest (modulation,FEC etc) to auto or default.  Then repeat with other known frequency, orientation=vertical, bitrate=27500.

Do I now need to vary the bitrate too, or does that happen automatically?  Are any of the other parameters varied automatically?

Also, what about the frequency? I'm asking because I scanned Hotbird using frequency=11097, orientation=vertical and only got 5 channels. I repeated with frequency=12597, orientation=vertical and got 30 off-air channels, 1062 old DVB channels etc. - i.e. far more.