[mythtv-users] Help debugging a consistent backend crash

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Jan 25 15:21:58 UTC 2013

I have a similar setup as the OP (1 master, 1 slave, 2 HDHR2's, 1 HD-PVR
and 1 PVR-USB on FC16, latest trunk), and I too was seeing crashes, but
only when the slave was running. Leaving the slave out my backend would run
for days without issue, as soon as the slave was running, crashes, crashes
everywhere. With the patch from 11316, I have not had any issues with the
backend crashing.

Tom

I implemented patch 11316 and did not have any back end crashes last night.
Fingers crossed that it will continue to keep the crashes from occurring. I
did not implement patch 11318 but will try that one later if this one does
not resolve everything.

Thanks for the info on how to fix this.