[mythtv-users] Video Scanning Problem

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jan 28 21:25:40 UTC 2013

On 1/28/2013 15:26, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 29/01/2013 12:23 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 1/13/2013 04:01, Michael Watson wrote:
>>> Every time I do a scan for new videos, every video in the database is
>>> modified, all that appears to change is the host column in the
>>> videometadata table.
>>> All my machines have access to the storage location via NFS (I
>>> experience choppy playback on many files if I do not have the directory
>>> mounted via NFS).
>>
>> All of these machines are running slave backends as well?
> Yes

The video library hashes everything it stores to prevent duplicate
entries, but currently only allows one stored location in the database.
If you have a file that appears to exist in multiple places, the file
will keep bouncing around from location to location each time you scan
for content. It shouldn't be wiping the metadata every time, as that is
the whole purpose of hash matching, but it will keep changing the name
in the host column.

Any chance you're also running in File Browse mode?