[mythtv-users] Need help - partitioning foobar

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:27:11 UTC 2013

Sigh... I just realized I've been top posting again.

While I like Gmail in general, I keep forgetting that little box at
the bottom of the compose screen is hiding quoting of all the previous
discussion in the thread.  I'll try to do better.

Anyway, I can't "apt-get install gdisk" when running UBCD
PartitionMagic image (nor have I found any other way to download and
install a copy) and it doesn't appear to be included independently on
UBCD 5.1.1.  The gdisk installed on my MythBuntu 10.04 system is
version 0.5.1 and it doesn't appear to support JFS as a partition
type.

So, back to my earlier question: When partitioning using GPT (instead
of MBR) for the partitioning data while running gparted 0.9.0, should
I go with MiB alignment and the minimum 1 MiB free space and start at
sector 2048 or align on cylinder boundaries and start with sector 0?

Craig.