[mythtv-users] USB2 DVB-T available on the Market

esa 1966 esa1966 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 18:05:06 UTC 2013

Dear Linux user,

Who can advice me about a USB2 DVB-T device under Linux?

I know that there are good sites
(http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices) but my goal is to find
an available device that is already compatible in the Kernel (I have a
Gentoo linux distribution)

I already make a list of devices, but I can't find a device that is
compatible with Kernel and available on the market in Belgium.

- AF9015 based chips are well supported onto Linux, but I can't find a
available device

AVerTV Volar Black HD (A850)       DVB-T            USB 2.0          => no
more available

Cinergy T Stick RC     can be a choice, but now it's delivered with a
RTL2832U

- AF9035 based chips : is supported directly into the Kernel ? following
some forum discussion, it's not clear.

Sony My Cinema U3100 Mini Plus : there are several model and I don't know
which chips are used.

AVerTV Volar Green HD (A835)       DVB-T            USB 2.0          ~
Partial           Tested on Ununtu with 3.5 kernel and firmware [3] =>
doesn't seems to be fully supported ?

AVerMedia AVerTV AverTV Volar HD & HD PRO => As it is also a AF9035 like the
"Green HD" will it be supported (seems supported under linux, but not
officially)?

- it9135 : I don't know if it is a better choice and which device it
contains ?

- rtl2832u : I must avoid this chips as it is not supported for DVB-T ?

Here a list a device available in my country :
http://www.ldlc.be/informatique/peripherique-pc/tuner-tnt-usb/c4286/

Thanks for your help.