[mythtv-users] Compiling 0.25-fixes mythtranscode against 0.26 library's is it possible?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Jul 2 11:15:18 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Along the lines of http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/537328

And http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11593

I tried running 0.25-fixes mythtranscode in place of my 0.26-fixes
mythtranscode but ran into library dependancy hell,
I'm just thinking our loud here but given the state of mythtranscode should
the dev's just up-port 0.25 mythtranscode or is there some other reason
these bugs are not being addressed? or are others not experiencing these
issues?

the alternative lossless cut options are not nearly as reliable,

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut
due to issues with HDHR recordings also rather I/O intensive works much
better with ionice -c3

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut
Works great with simple cuts only ie. leading/trailing only, not so good
with Ad removal

Cheers,

Anthony