[mythtv-users] Multiple entries for single movie list

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:39:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM, A Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello guys
>> I am seeing a strange thing lately on my video list
>>
>> I see multiple entries of the same single movie file name - checking the
>> video folder, I have only one file name - example "101 Dalmatians.mkv" -
>> however, in my "Videos/List View" it shows like 5 101 Dalmations, and 10
>> Thors, and it goes on.
>>
>> It also seems that they are all linked - "playing" any of the Thors -
>> plays the movie. I deleted one of the entries, it deleted the movie (fear
>> not - i have my backups)!
>>
>> Any way to get rid of these multiple entries? What is causing this? I
>> guess I can delete the "cover art" and "fanart" folder but just wanted to
>> see if there was a better way..
>>
>> thank you for the help
>>

> Could be a few things:
>
> 1. you enabled "browse filesystem" (M > Change view > Browse
> Filessytem/Browse Library"
> 2. You are transcoding and not deleting the source file
> 3. You have started playing with HLS and its storing the HLS transcoded
> versions in the same folder as the source
> 4. Something you did created symlinks to the videos somewhere in you
> storage group folder structure.

I know I "tried" the browse filesystem (slow) - and then went back to
browse Library (recommended). I checked - when I am on Library, I get the
multiple file names. When I do the file system, I don't get the multiple
file names - however, all my coverart and fanart is gone...

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary that would create symlinks.

I do not know how to work the HTTP Live Streaming - I am seeing this on my
backend when I run frontend on my backend...

Thank you for the help.

ash.

--
http://about.me/adesai