[mythtv-users] Mythtv server crashes every now and then

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Wed Jul 3 02:06:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my backend server which is a mythbuntu 12.04,
0.26 with the latest version of myth from the mythbuntu repositories. I
update the server every time there are new versions in the repository.

My problem is that the entire server hangs every now and then. I can't seem
to find any issues in any log and the /var/crash directory is always empty.
I can't seem to find anything to troubleshoot and don't know where to start
searching for errors. I can't find any pattern to the crashes either.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to start searching for
issues?

Regards,

Andréas