[mythtv-users] OT: Virtualization

jacek burghardt jaceksburghardt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 15:00:38 UTC 2013

I virtualization is all about saving money an power and testing. I can get
dual xeon server for $300 with vtd support so You will receive So
statment " I'm
using HD Homerun as it's too
difficult/impossible to get PCI passthrough working for PCI tuner
cards. Overall, I'm really happy with it." is incorrect is very easy to
pass pci devices. If you want you could build pc that passes video card
to myth-frontend end runs separate backend and other services. My backend
has 8 x 4 tb hard drives raid controller card couple hauppauge usb silicon
dust tunners.  The box also runs freepbx, pfsense, 3 x server 2012 ( domain
controler, exchange server)