[mythtv-users] Transcoding for best audio

Brenden Conte brenden at thecontes.info
Fri Jul 5 17:33:19 UTC 2013

I have a new setup and was experimenting with UPnP support, and its working
perfectly.

The issue I'm working on now is that the UPnP players I have use the first
audio track by default, and don't have an option to use another.  Several
of the recordings I am able to record have multiple audio streams, and the
the "best" choice is not always the first one.

What I would like is to have a transcode that preserves the video stream
and either 1. Reorders the audio to place the preferred audio streams
logically first, or 2. select the best audio stream and removes the rest.
 (In this case, "best" is "English 5.1" > "English stereo" > *).

Has anyone done this before?  I have some ideas on how to do #2 using
ffmpeg, but wanted to check to see if someone has already solved this
problem before I got too deep.

Thanks!
-B