[mythtv-users] Original Air Date missing in Schedules Direct

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jul 8 18:53:49 UTC 2013

> I use original air date in some of my custom recording rules, so as not
> to record episodes that aired before a certain date, for example:
>
> program.title = 'Being Human'
> and program.originalairdate > '2011-07-01'
>
> This has worked perfectly up to now. Starting a few days ago I am
> noticing random episodes do not have the original air date. In the
> upcoming new season of "Being Human" on BBC America, the first episode
> has no original air date whereas the second episode has it filled in
> (2013-02-10). I have sent a complaint in to Schedules direct about this.
> In the meantime I have changed the selection to the following (which is
> not the best solution):
>
> program.title = 'Being Human'
> and (program.originalairdate > '2011-07-01'
> or program.originalairdate is null )
>
> Another way this lack of original air date shows is that when using
> mythlinks the original air date is shown as 000000.
>
> This may also affect the "New episode only" recording option, although
> that is not an option I use.
>
> Is anybody aware of this new problem and why this is happening?

I have not seen a problem like that recently, however I did have a lot of
issues with guide data in the past and came up with a workaround that seems
to have worked for me.

Essentially, I have found that often SD may not have complete episode data
for some programs until as late as a few hours before the program airs...
and instead just shows generic information.

I added a cron job to run at 5pm every night to execute
"/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --refresh-today" to make sure I have accurate
guide data before primetime shows air.

Occasionally I will look at the upcoming episodes a day or so in advance
and wonder why X isn't recording on its usual night, I check the guide and
see that, sure enough, it just has generic listing information... but it
does end up scheduling once that refresh runs.

I can't promise that doing this will resolve your issue, but it may?