[mythtv-users] From cable to fiber (TDS / Mediaroom)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 20:52:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> I think that the only way you are going to make this work, apart from the
> 'analog hole and an HD-PVR, is to ask when they intend to support Cablecard.

While the FCC is struggling as to how to regulate IPTV, I do not think
that they will require support of CableCards.  It is more likely that
MSOs will support DLNA streaming.

In any case, my guess is that all of the proposed alternatives will come
with various forms of DRM (in the DLNA standards for protected streaming
DTCP-IP is required and WMDRM-ND is optional), which MythTV cannot
participate in.

Gary