[mythtv-users] Original Air Date missing in Schedules Direct

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 15:33:06 UTC 2013

On 7/8/2013 3:10 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> TMS's data is only updated once per day on their server, so as long as you run a --dd-grab-all update on any given day after they do their update,
> you have the most-current data possible (and any further runs are wasted).
That's no longer the case.  A few years ago Tribune added the mid-day updates, so the guide is updated throughout the day.   A fetch before prime-time
isn't a bad idea if you record shows with data that doesn't exist until the last minute.

BTW, that change caused a bad side effect in which lineup and other account changes can take a few  hours to propagate.  We feel that more current
guide data for everyone is better than quicker response for the few folks who make a lineup change.  The needs of the many....

Robert
Schedules Direct