[mythtv-users] From cable to fiber (TDS / Mediaroom)

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Jul 9 17:29:15 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joseph Fry" <joe at thefrys.com>

> > You silly, silly boy. :-)
>
> Indeed... but you must admit that you had similar hopes for "IPTV". I just
> wish I had known that "IP" stood for "Intellectual Property" and not
> "Internet Protocol"

Well put.

I investigated this in some detail last year, when I was researching
how one would *become* a CATV provider, over a gigabit FTTH plant.  And
as you will no doubt be unsurprised to learn, the answer was "you must
protect our programming just as tightly as current technology will permit,
or we'll take it out on you."

Cheers,
-- jra