[mythtv-users] [mythtv] tuner troubleshooting

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 10 12:49:14 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 06:56 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I didn't 'delete all tuners' because I understand from Mike Dean that
> that is no longer required.

Not sure how this applies to you (I didn't read the whole thread), but
more precisely:

a) If you have a working setup and simply need to remove a capture card
or a few, you can delete only those capture cards without causing any
problems now (or in the future when you add new ones) because the order
in which cards/inputs are used is no longer determined by the order in
which you define them (as it's now tied to the user-specified Schedule
and Live TV Order).

b) If you have a broken setup where "something" isn't working right and
you're afraid that at some point in configuration a mistake may have
been made, you should /still/ use "Delete all capture cards" (and not
"Delete all capture cards on <host>") to clear everything related to
capture card configuration, and then reconfigure "fresh".  "Delete all
capture cards" is still the only way to clear out everything related to
capture card configuration (cards, inputs, input priorities, input
groups, ...).

(And, FWIW, "Delete all video sources" is still the only way to clear
out everything related to Video Source configuration (video sources, EIT
configuration, grabber configuration, Schedules Direct lineups and/or
XMLTV configurations, channels, channel groups, ...).)

So, "Delete all capture cards" is still a very important and useful
function when trying to fix broken configurations (especially those that
occur during the "trial and error" period of initial setup).

Mike