[mythtv-users] No MythTV backend after update of Linux Mint Debian Edition

Enno Middelberg enno.middelberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 19:22:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

here is part of my config.xml:

  <Database>
    <PingHost>1</PingHost>
    <Host>localhost</Host>
    <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
    <Password>mythtv</Password>
    <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
    <Port>3306</Port>
  </Database>

But when I try

mysql -u mythtv -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

So this doesn't work. However, I can do a login as root:

mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 585

Which process is reading this file, anyway?

Enno