[mythtv-users] No MythTV backend after update of Linux Mint Debian Edition

Enno Middelberg enno.middelberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 17:42:53 UTC 2013

Hello,

2013/7/10 Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com>:
>> > $ mysql -u root mythconverg
>> > mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";
>> > mysql> flush privileges;
>>
>> I tried this, but didn't go anywhere:

Ok, so I have tried this now:

mysql -u root -p mythconverg
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 121
Server version: 5.5.28-1 (Debian)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit

sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart
[sudo] password for enno:
[ ok ] Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld.
[ ok ] Starting MySQL database server: mysqld ..
[info] Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were
not closed cleanly..

sudo /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart
Restarting MythTV server: mythbackend No /usr/bin/mythbackend found
running; none killed.
.
.

Cannot login to database

Would you like to configure the database connection now? [no]
[console is not interactive, using default 'no']

So this looks pretty much like what I had started with. What can I do
to get this going?

Many tanks,

Enno