[mythtv-users] lirc with hauppauge nova-t 500: only receives numbers

Dan dansto.well+myth at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 11:08:53 UTC 2013

Hi -

I've installed mythtv on Xubuntu 13.04 (from the deb packages), and
MythTV works fine, hurrah. The tuner is a Hauppauge NOVA-T 500 dual
tuner with remote.

But when I use the remote, lirc is only giving me numbers, none of the
other controls (ok, left, right, play, fwd, rw, pause...). I see this
in Mythfrontend (I can change channels while watching live TV but
can't do anything else) and also in "irw" (if I press the numbers on
the keypad the numbers come out in the Terminal window, but nothing
else).

When the lirc package was installing, I selected the appropriate
model. So /etc/lirc/lircd.conf only contains some comment lines plus:

  include "/usr/share/lirc/extras/more_remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge_novat500"

Has anyone seen this? I've been searching the web and couldn't find
anyone having the same symptoms, but I imagine it's a symptom of a
misconfiguration somewhere. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
Dan