[mythtv-users] EIT data or not?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 14 09:27:49 UTC 2013

On 07/14/2013 01:37 AM, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On 12/07/13 19:17, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 07/12/2013 01:54 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
>>> I just noticed that at the bottom of the status page in MythWeb it
>>> says "Last mythfilldatabase run started on Friday Jul 12. 4:53Am and
>>> ended Friday Jul 12,4:53 AM. Successful.  There's guide data until
>>> 2013-07-20 10:00:00 (8 days).
>>>
>>> In the "Program" table in the database, there are an entries with
>>> starttime up to 19 Jul and in fact the max end time of those is that
>>> date time above.
>>>
>>> So it appears the database is showing it - so its a mythweb question
>>> - why doesn't it show it? - does channelID have anything to do with
>>> this - they look kind of strange. (1000 or 2000 higher than actually
>>> the case)
>>
>> It sounds like your channels aren't properly associated with your
>> inputs--meaning MythWeb and mythfrontend won't show the listings for
>> them.  So, a broken Input Connections configuration (somewhere in
>> capture card, video source, channel, input configuration).  I'd
>> recommend at least the capture card portion of:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>
>> and if that doesn't work, do both the capture card and the video
>> source portion of it.  Note, though, that the approach presumes that
>> when you reconfigure, you'll do it properly (if you make the same
>> mistake during re-configuration, you'll have the same result).  So
>> you'll have to be very careful and pay close attention during
>> reconfigure.
>>

>> Note, also, that you can only use one of EIT /or/ XMLTV on each
>> channel.  You should never enable EIT on a channel that's filled by
>> XMLTV or Bad Things happen.
>>
> Thanks.  I deleted the video sources and the cards and started again
> (pretty much what this recommends).  Its all come back now.

Unfortunately, sometimes the brute force approach--deleting everything
in the configuration to start with an empty/clean configuration--is the
quickest approach.  Often, figuring out exactly what's misconfigured is
far more challenging than redoing a configuration from scratch.

That said, I'm glad you got it working.  Enjoy.

Mike