[mythtv-users] Some DVD video will not play properly

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 11:32:35 UTC 2013

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:45:35 +1000, you wrote:
>
>> On 11 July 2013 17:43, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>>

>>> So you are right - it is something to do with VDPAU, but it does not
>>> seem to affect mplayer, just mythfrontend.
>>
>> well, if mplayer can do it with vdpau, it's something we can investigate.
>> However there you aren't really doing everything myth is doing with
>> vdpau, you would have to set a vdpau deinterlacer which I'm not sure
>> mplayer can do.
>>
>> create a ticket otherwise
>
> mplayer is supposed to be able to do vdpau deinterlacing.  I ran this
> command:
>
> mplayer -vo vdpau:deint=4,xv, -vc
> ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau, Ondine_clip.mpg
>
> and the clip played without any problems.  Assuming that the :deint=4
> actually did what it is supposed to (there was nothing in the log
> output that mentioned deinterlacing), then it should have been playing
> using the vdpau temporalx2 deinterlacing, just the same as I have
> mythfrontend set up to do.  So I will create a ticket as soon as I
> work out how to.

Hi,

This sounds like the same problem I reported in #11377
(http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11377).

I submitted a clip to NVidia who confirmed they could reproduce the
problem in MythTV but not in mplayer.  I've not heard anything more
since, unfortunately, so I don't know whether it is purely a VDPAU
problem (and mplayer is not using some feature that MythTV is) or not.

Richard.