[mythtv-users] Some DVD video will not play properly

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 22:10:45 UTC 2013

On 15/07/13 10:45, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 11 July 2013 17:43, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>

>> So you are right - it is something to do with VDPAU, but it does not
>> seem to affect mplayer, just mythfrontend.
>
> well, if mplayer can do it with vdpau, it's something we can investigate.
> However there you aren't really doing everything myth is doing with
> vdpau, you would have to set a vdpau deinterlacer which I'm not sure
> mplayer can do.

It would appear that it's the VDPAU decoding part that's causing the
problem.  Using ffmpeg to decode it (Decoder set to 'Standard'), it
doesn't matter whether the video renderer is set to OpenGL or VDPAU, it
plays fine.

Using VDPAU as the decoder results in the observed issues.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to decode with VDPAU and then choose
the OpenGL renderer to completely check this.

Richard.