[mythtv-users] thoughts on a combined backend/NAS box?

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 07:44:53 UTC 2013

On 16/07/13 07:55, GZ wrote:

> - I'd like to use ACPI wakeup to reduce power usage on this system.
> This means that I'm going to need some way to lock mythbackend when I
> want to use the NAS functionality.  I suppose that I could run some
> mythfrontends on the client, but that's pretty kludgy.  How complex is
> it to code up a client that connects to mythbackend enough to bump the
> usage count and block shutdown?  Alternatively, does anyone have a good
> way to trigger a mythwelcome lock and unlock commands remotely over the
> network?

In mythtv-setup under General, the page 'Shutdown/Wakeup options' has a
field 'Pre-shutdown-check command'.  You can enter a command (usually a
script) which should be run when the backend is ready to shutdown.
Depending on the value returned by the command, the shutdown can be
prevented or allowed to continue.

The following page deals mainly with getting your system to wake up at
the right time but there's also a bit about shutting down:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

(search for 'checklogin.sh' and 'TurnOff').

Richard.