[mythtv-users] PHP update breaks MythWeb 0.26

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Jul 16 20:38:07 UTC 2013

HI!

I updated PHP 5.4.13 -> 5.4.17 on Gentoo, which caused the following
errors in the browser for MythWeb:

-----------------------------------

Warning: Unknown: function '0' not found or invalid function name in
Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to open translation file:
modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 173
Warning at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/includes/session.php, line 21:
!!NoTrans: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers
already sent!!

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for
now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/includes/errors.php on line 161
Warning at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/status/handler.php,
line 21:
!!NoTrans: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent!!

Warning at
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php,
line 12:
!!NoTrans: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent!!

-----------------------------------

After some searching around, I did:
ln -s modules modules_path

This got rid of the Translate error.

After some more searching, I added this to MythWeb Apache config:
php_value display_errors On
php_value error_reporting E_ALL

Now all errors are gone (although I would have thought that this ENABLES
error reporting) and MythWeb SEEMS to be OK.

But I can't change the channel configuration in MythWeb (the giant table
of all channels) anymore. Any change I make is not being stored to the
database.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,