[mythtv-users] Upgrade plan

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jul 17 18:38:15 UTC 2013

I'm about to upgrade off an ancient Myth (0.23-fix) on an ancient OS
(suse 11.1) to something a little newer.  This is my pan.

1) Install new OS (Suse 12.2) on new 40G SATA
2) Install new MythTB (latest packaged production release, .26?)
3) Copy mythconverg database from old drive to new one
4) ???
5) Profit!!

What do I need to do at step 4?  Run the upgrade scripts manually?
Run mythtv-setup and it will do it for me?  Or will the .26 backend
automagically find that the DB is out of schema and run the upgrade
scripts for me?

I'm still running IVTV tuners; are those supportable in 3.x kernels?
(I think 12.2 is on 3.6 or 3.7...)

Any other obvious things I've forgotten?

Cheers,
-- jra