[mythtv-users] Upgrade plan

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Thu Jul 18 06:28:53 UTC 2013

Am 17.07.2013 20:38, schrieb Jay Ashworth:
> I'm about to upgrade off an ancient Myth (0.23-fix) on an ancient OS
> (suse 11.1) to something a little newer.  This is my pan.
>

> I'm still running IVTV tuners; are those supportable in 3.x kernels?
> (I think 12.2 is on 3.6 or 3.7...)

When I got threw the upgrade (from 0.21 to 0.23, then to 0.25 and
finally to 0.26), I could change the channel only once in live tv. The
next time, mythfrontend would hang and I had to kill it. This was with
0.25 and 0.26, both with 3.x kernels in Mythbuntu 12.04.

Recordings were working fine.

I must admit, that I didn't invest much time in resolving this, as a
move to digital with dvb-c tuners was due. So may be the problem with
channel changing in live tv has been resolved.