[mythtv-users] No sound on live TV

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Thu Jul 18 15:38:34 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mike Perkins
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:09 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] No sound on live TV

That's not the point. If you run a frontend on the machine which has your
backend, you can *guarantee* that the software is compatible. Running a
frontend on another machine may mean apparently trivial differences which
can throw your testing out.

I notice in your original post that you said the backend was 0.26 and the
frontend was 0.25. This is *not* likely to work properly. The protocol
mythtv uses changes between releases; only within releases (eg 0.26.1,
0.26-fixes etc) is it guaranteed to work.

Your frontend software is too old. You *must* match the release of the
backend you wish to run it against, one way or the other.

Finally, please reply at the bottom of previous posts. That way, somebody in
the future can figure out what the conversation was about. The list
operators prefer that this list operates in this fashion.

--

Mike Perkins

mike