[mythtv-users] PHP update breaks MythWeb 0.26

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jul 20 06:57:55 UTC 2013

On 20/07/13 07:24, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> On 17.07.2013 01:49, Karl Newman wrote:
>
>> I use Gentoo also. I don't know if mythweb supports PHP >5.3 yet; I
>> heard of some incompatibility problems earlier. However, the problem
>> with your mythweb channel editing is probably caused by your
>> post_max_size being too small. For your case, you'll probably need to
>> edit /etc/php/apache2-php5.4/php.ini Find post_max_size and change it to
>> 64M (mine was 8M). You might have to do it to other php.ini files as
>> well--I had them in /etc/php/apache2-php4, /etc/php/apache2-php5,
>> /etc/php/apache2-php5.3 and /etc/php/apache2-php5.4  I changed them all.
>> Then do a /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to use the new values.
>
> I changed them all to 64M and restarted apache, but still the MythWeb
> channel editor does not save the values.
>
> On my other machine, with the older php version, it still works with 8M.

I had to deal with something called suhosin as well as the apache configs.
Suhosin is supposed to be a kind of security check to stop php exploits and
defects getting through. There are overrides on the suhosin config similar to
those you altered above.

I don't know if Gentoo still uses it but it's worth a look to see if it is
overriding your changes.

--

Mike Perkins