[mythtv-users] Locked

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 21 00:19:40 UTC 2013

On 07/20/2013 07:22 PM, john wrote:
> While trying to scan for channels I get a Locked signal and no channels
> are found, I have only one channel the signal comes through a dvd player
> to find and I am running a pvr 150 card.  Used to work on mythbuntu but
> it kept trying to upgrade on my old amd64 computer so I am now running
> linux lite.  I need help.

You cannot scan for channels using S-Video/Composite/SCART type
inputs--i.e. those that use external tuners.  The channel scanner is
only for inputs with internal tuners.  (And note that it has always been
this way.)

You must either user your guide data to define the channels (using Fetch
channels from listings provider) or manually define them using the
mythtv-setup Channel Editor.

Mike