[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 24 13:11:06 UTC 2013

On 07/24/2013 09:02 AM, jrh wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 07/24/2013 07:06 AM, jrh wrote:
>>> Subject says it.
>>>
>>> I experimented with master recently, and overall I like what is happening in it. However, I use feature referenced extensively for keeping separate rules.
>>>
>>> For example for a given show, i use it on for a show that is broadcast weekly, and I want to keep all of them. However, for that same show that is in 'syndication' on a different channel I want to restrict the number of episodes to a dozen or so as it is played constantly.
>>>
>>> Help! I can't leave .26 until I can use the separate rules (without having to reprogram all my old rules)
>>>
>>> Regards!
>> Hi;
>>
>> Are you saying that your existing rules didn't get converted automatically?
>> (they should have been per commit [9497ba1])
>>
>> Or were you trying to add a new rule and the Menu->Filter Options->This Channel
>> one didn't work?
> The rules after the upgrade from .26 to master were 'ok'. however, when I went to look at them, and exit out of that, the rules were 'messed up' such that one was no longer functional, and the other took over for both.
>
> This is bad because the rule that took over for both was the rule that had the restriction on the number of episodes.
>
> For new rules, I don't see how to be able to record from a given channel in the rules even though there is a select channel button in the setup, there is nowhere to tell it what channel to use.
>
> Doing a custom rule is more 'programming' than I would like to do for something that was a simple rule in .26 and prior versions.
>
> Thanks!

What are you using to create the rules?  If mythfrontend, what theme?
Have you tried a well-maintained, current theme?  If MythWeb, start with
mythfrontend--using a well-maintained, current theme--to find out how
the new channel filter works, then, once you understand the changes, see
if you can figure it out using MythWeb.

Also, please see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.27 , which
mentions important changes you should be aware of before using 0.27 alpha.

Mike