[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jul 24 19:19:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 02:43:46PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2013-07-24, at 2:18 PM, David Engel wrote:
>
> > There is also the automatic template selection based on program
> > category and category_type that is done when creating a new rule.
>

> Is this documented someplace? I can see how the templates change but haven’t discerned what is driving it.

Probably only in past release notes.  If it's not obvious, we're in
bad need of good documentation writer.  Volunteers welcome.

> FWIW, it sometimes gives odd results like offering to record this episode for a one time special. Nothing major.

That's the new, initial rule dialog.  It has nothing to do with
templates.  Basically, if the selected program is not generic, you'll
get one of two "Record one showing" options.  If it's a series, you'll
get a "Record one showing (this episode)" option.  If it's a movie,
you'll get a plain "Record one showing" option because there shouldn't
be any other "episodes".

FYI, the "(this episode)" text and the "(this channel)" part of the
"Record all showings" option text are meant to be a subtle hint that
filters are involved.

David
--
David Engel