[mythtv-users] Chromebox as frontend?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jul 25 17:10:18 UTC 2013

On Jul 25, 2013, at 13:01, Rob Jensen <bertaboy at gmail.com> wrote:

> How would the video performance of the ION2 and the HD3000

If you have an ION system, you would be using nVidia graphics, not the integrated Intel video.

> stack up against an AMD E-450 w/ the HD6320?

While AMD has made great strides with driver reliability since purchasing ATI, I still wouldn't trust them for something I want to use in production.  To be honest, I wouldn't even trust VDPAU in a production system.  My personal preference is to have enough CPU power to handle software decoding of whatever I want to play, and neither an Atom nor an AMD E-series will get you that.