[mythtv-users] EPG Accuracy (Was: record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27)

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 14:32:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> There may also be laws that the broadcaster is obliged to follow in order to
> comply with its broadcasting licence. Some of these may even specify
> standards.

I think that is where you would get the most traction.  Broadcasters
license (or are gifted) use of the public's RF spectrum.  (Note: it is
the public's RF spectrum not the government's.  The government only
acts as the public's agent)  Part of that deal requires them to use
the RF spectrum it in certain ways.  I imagine providing accurate &
usable EPG data is one of those requirements.

But who to complain to about broadcasters not living up to their end
of the bargain?  In the US it would likely be the FCC.  I don't know
about other countries.  Your elected representative might not be the
correct resource to fix the EPG data himself.  But he certainly is the
correct resource to help you find the government department who does
have that power.